The International Workshop on
Advances and Perspectives of Basic Sciences in Caucasus and Central Asian Region to be held from November 1-3, 2011 in Tbilisi, Georgia at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University with support of Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (www.ictp.it).
The goal of the Workshop is to promote the progress of Science and foster the interest/research in Basic Sciences in the Region of Caucasus and Central Asia; to strengthen strong partnerships within the Region and global research community..
The goals/objectives of the Workshop also include:
• to promote the exchange/sharing of information with world leading scientists, advanced Research Centers (in particular from Caucasus and Central Asian Region);
• to promote the integration of scientists from the region in advanced international research projects;
• to foster the integration of young scientists into advanced research in Basics Sciences;
• to foster the establishment of new collaborations with leading research centers in the region/worldwide;
• to foster the elaboration of new joint educational/research projects.
The total number of participants is estimated to be 50 including those from Georgia, among them 30 from outside Georgia: 4 organizers from AS ICTP; 2-3 participants (at least one leading scientist and one leading science policy maker) from the region: Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and invited researchers from outside the region.
Advances and Perspectives of Basic Sciences in Caucasus and Central Asian Region